We are a volunteer run village hall serving the inhabitants of the remote communities of Cowshill and Lanehead, at the head of Weardale in County Durham. The hall was built in 1909 and originally administered by Heatherycleugh Parish. In 2003 the hall was generously passed over to the local community by the church, and is now run as an independent charity.
We put on classes, lectures, exhibitions and events to benefit local residents and the wider area. Many of these serve to raise money for other causes.